Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Triple shorts

Adrift

My mind is adrift is space
No gravity to bring my down to earth
Nothing to hold on to
You let me drift away
Cut my tethered line
Will I ever land again
Will my feet touch the ground
What will hold me steadfast
Or will I just drift away


Open Wide

I keep my eyes open wide to see you
I keep my heart closed to the emotions of you
We once walked the line in perfect rhythm
Hearts beating in sychrony
We came to a fork in the road
You went left, I went right
I walk the line searching for merger in the line
My feet are a little unsteady at the hope for you
But I keep my eyes ope wide to see you
And heart closed shut

Leap

This is you and me
Standing at the edge
Ready to take
That leap that leap of faith
I gaze up at the stars
But I see heaven in your eyes
I make the leap, you let go
I'm floating in a black emptiness
Waiting to be rescued

LAL
(c) 5/18



No comments:

Post a Comment