Friday, February 23, 2018

Idle Mind

Has my mind ever sat idle?
The canvas in my mind has drawn a blank
Ever wonder what's coming up next
I search for the words and come up empty
Does my soul have nothing more to say
Can I no longer write the lyrics
To my favorite melodies
I gaze upon the painting
But can't describe the strokes
Does my mind sit idle?
Has my word bank gone broke
Did I loose the words to speak my heart
Does my soul have nothing more to say
Apparently so
Because this is the worst set of words
I have ever written



(c) LAL
2/2018

2 comments:

  1. You haven’t used up your word bank. This is a great piece. I felt this way with my art but it came back. I have complete and total faith that I will see more and more great and beautiful pieces of written art from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what you feel is your worst may truly touch someone!

    ReplyDelete