Monday, November 20, 2017

Shadow of Your Heart

You hide in the shadows of your heart
But I can see right through you
Aloof and alone yet yearning
I know your truth, it's in your eyes
No matter what words you utter
You can't hide in your shadows
You know the one you want
It's not easy giving into your heart
When she looks at you
And you look into her eyes
Your heart knows, it knows
Others will come and go
But only she will be the one
To bring your heart from the shadows
You stroke her hair, hold her hand
Even for a moment, there is no denial
In the quiet moments of holding her close
There is a peace, a comfort, a stillness
Yet you try to retreat to the shadows of your heart
But I still see the halcyon in your eyes
No matter, time passes, your souls will never part
She is in your blood, she is your star-crossed love
You love her, love her and I can see it in your eyes.


© LAL
11/17




1 comment:

  1. OMG...I am left speechless...wowwwwww!!!!!

    ReplyDelete