Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Wounded Hearts

Wounded hearts pain left on the floor
Open the windows, open the doors
I need to fly away and feel the sun on me
You standing on the hill if only you could see

You left me broken and alone
Had you not told me, I would have never known
My world spins out of control looking for you
I would follow you down into the depth of my dreams
Only to awake to a cold winter day, all painted gray
This life we lead was only a part of a bigger scheme

You left me for reasons unknown
Waiting for time to pass, I stood by the phone
You never called, I cried to leave this the doom
I turn around and I moved on to another room
How can we pretend it never happened
That movie played a thousands times, broken and afraid

Well no more, no more tears, no more wounds
We were all broken, it's time to mend the pieces
Open the windows, open the doors and set us free
Open the windows, open the doors and let our souls be
Wounded hearts no longer, nothing to leave on the floor

Open the windows, open the doors and set us free

LAL 2/1/16 © 

No comments:

Post a Comment