Friday, February 17, 2017

Nothing is the Same

I can't stand this
I can't think
I can't write
Nothing is the same without you
You left me again
Standing all alone
Nothing is right
Nothing feels like a fit
Sitting here repeating the same old thoughts
I can't stand this all alone
I can't imagine anymore
Nothing is the same
I have no muse
To write the words I need to tell
I look in the dark to see your flicker of light
I can't stand being blind
Nothing is holding me tight
I can't stand this
I can't think
I can't write
Nothing is the same without you

© LAL
2/17

5 comments:

  1. Bravo! Soooo glad your back with the writing bug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you standing in the still of darkness,
    a tremble escapes your heart.
    Loneliness and confusion intimidate your mind,
    your muse escapes your grasp.
    Isolation devours your confidence
    leaving a blank canvas in it’s wake.
    As the phoenix, you emerge in a brilliant array
    of creative genius.

    ReplyDelete