Saturday, February 12, 2011

Dry Spell

What a dry spell I have had--2010 has gone and 2011 has arrived. Lots of things have happened in the last 9 months. No, I have not given birth!! Let’s just clear that up right now! I took a month off from work in October and went to the mountains. I hated to leave. I love it so. Not alot going on the home front. Just lots of home and yard matters to take care of.

On the work front----whoa, tons of stuff going on there. Looks like major changes are coming our way. We are going to lose a good portion of our senior staff to retirement. They are wanting to get out before that idiot Governor Scott ruins FRS and the State. I don’t blame them; if I could retire I would have been out yesterday. But I have 7 more years to go before I can say “I’m out of here!”


One my good friends has left and moved out to Oklahoma. She got a transfer to the National Park out there. She told me it was like living in Mayberry with good ole boys and pickup trucks. Ahhh…welcome to southern Midwest Bible belt. Next thing I’ll know she will be off to the rodeos and wearing chaps! Yee Haw!!

Speaking of idiots, I sit in awe at the stupidity of our state government. OH MY GOD!!!!! Could these people be more senseless?! Once again it is about the rich putting the squeeze on the poor and letting the middle class carry the weight. What is it with this inane thought process? Don’t get me wrong, I don’t believe in huge government but you CAN NOT privatize government. They are different species. There are aspects of government that can be outsourced but not the foundation and the obligations of government. Don’t be fooled about the claim that when he decreases state employees that they are creating new jobs. They are NOT creating any jobs, they are shifting existing jobs to a different money source, the private source. What ever happened to the social obligation of protecting children and the elderly? What happened to maintaining promises to the public servants, many who lay their lives on the line to protect the citizens of the state, including that idiot Governor of ours!!! What ever happened to equity for all the people and not to the select elite few?! Hey, governor pay attention to Egypt.

Ok off the soap box. I am going to go over and read my favorite blog Margaret and Helen. Helen writes the most insightful commentaries on the world today. You should drop by and give it a spin. Oh, by the way, I am a Facebook crack head. I reaaaaally need to find a 12 step program!! Until the next time I get so inclined to jot down a few random thoughts (man I love spell check) keep your pants up cuz nobody wants to see your butt crack!!

2 comments: