Friday, February 19, 2010

Parents Lost

I was reading some posts of friends on a social board and the conversation was talking about parents lost. Man did that hit home with me. Whew....brought up some buried emotions. It has been 5 years since my mother past away and for the first years I had become OK with it but over the past year or so it has been a lot harder than I ever imagined it would be. I am not trying to be morose but I really miss her more than I can express. Sometimes I feel like weeping for hours but I know that will not change her passing so I just "man up" and move on. (I just so hate all that psycho babble).

Losing a parent can be quiet devastating. Even at my age I feel so child like when I let myself feel those emotions of missing her. I guess the adage is true, you will always be your parents child. This is the lesson learned...never let an opportunity pass you by to tell your parents that you love and need them. I wish I had said it more.

This is really hard to type without letting those emotions bubble to the top. But maybe this is what I needed to do, finally put the feelings into words.

The two most important people in my life were my mother and grandmother. I miss them each day but I am eternally grateful for having me in their lives.

I now put this to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment